Self-improvement

Change your mind to a better person. Improve your state of happiness. Being positive result in happiness. So be happy!


Thursday, December 20, 2007

Positive Mindset

How did I get influence by this?



It all start when I was 15 years old. In a school where I often hear the words, “Stressed”, “I am so stupid”, “I am ‘blur’” and more negative remarks. However, these students were usually better than me in almost all field – academically, physically, etc. Therefore, I got irritated by their self-deprecations. They make me feel even worse than a dunce. I wanted to succeed too.
And I DO NOT want them to be so ignorant.

So I decided to start with myself. I begin going to libraries in search of books regarding on success in academic. I even bought severals and did some internet research. I came across Tony Buzan - mindmapping methods, linear notes, audios and many more.
From there I went to read stories of successful men and various methods were apply to lead them to success.
However, all these guides and stories have one 'thing' in common, that is being positve.

During my last year in that school, there was this special occasion where students get a chance to experience public speaking. Several students were being selected to give a speech to the whole cohort. I was one of them. Among the selected students, only I was the most enthusiastic one. I went for rehearsal even before I was ask to come. I just could not wait to share, and hopefully influence, my knowledge of the road to success to the whole school.

After my speech, I receive many feedbacks from teachers about several good remarks about me. The one that I am proud of the most is my voice.

Even up to these days, I uses these guide to lead to my life.

Here are some of the ideas that I used on my speech(below):

*Stop thinking and feeling as if you’re a failure, because you’re not. How can others accept you if YOU can’t accept YOU?

*When you see hunks and models on TV, think more on self improvement, not self pitying. Self acceptance is not just about having nice slender legs, or great abs. Concentrate on inner beauty.

*When people feel so down and low about themselves, help them move up. Don’t go down with them. They’ll pull you down further and both of you will end up feeling inferior.

*The world is a large room for lessons, not mistakes. Don’t feel stupid and doomed forever just because you failed on a science quiz. There’s always a next time. Make rooms for self improvement.

*Take things one at a time. You don’t expect black sheep’s to be goody-two-shoes in just a snap of a finger. Self improvement is a one day at a time process.

*Self improvement results to inner stability, personality development and dig this …. SUCCESS. It comes from self confidence, self appreciation and self esteem.

* Set meaningful and achievable goals. Self improvement doesn’t turn you to be the exact replica of Cameron Diaz or Ralph Fiennes. It hopes and aims to result to an improved and better YOU.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home